ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System and ISO 14001:2015, EMAS, BRCGS, AIB, HALAL and KOSHER in the appropriate areas.
Our Policies ↓
SUMOL+COMPAL is aware that its actions create environmental impacts and therefore realises that the constant effort to improve the environmental performance of its products, services and operating activities is a positive differentiating factor for its clients and consumers and a key condition for the sustained development of its business.
As set out in the company’s vision, SUMOL+COMPAL accepts the commitment to contribute to sustainable development, particularly by implementing measures that allow for environmentally responsible activities. In fulfilling its purpose, therefore, the organisation governs all of its activity in accordance with the following guidelines:
- To comply with the obligations applicable to the organization;
- To integrate environmental concerns and nature protection into its management processes, fostering systematic improvements in eco-efficiency;
- To minimise the significant environmental impacts associated with our activities, optimising water and energy consumption and preventing pollution and protecting biodiversity and ecosystems, in particular with regard to pollutant emissions and waste productions;
- To systematically define and revise environmental performance objectives and initiatives as part of period planning cycles. To implement and maintain reliable performance indicators that allow for objectives to be followed, reporting the evolution of a panel of indicators annually;
- To raise Stakeholders awareness, in order to improve environmentally acceptable individual and group behaviour and promoting skills development in this area;
- To favour suppliers of products and services with environmentally responsible behaviour and practices;
- To update and disseminate this policy to interested parties.
One of SUMOL+COMPAL’s major aims is to satisfy the needs of its clients and consumers, providing them with quality products and excellent services. As a result, SUMOL+COMPAL has set out the following Quality and Food Safety Policy:
- To ensure that all of its employees are informed and motivated with regard to the Quality and Food Safety Policy and participate in its implementation;
- To systematically develop an in-depth knowledge of consumers of high volume drinks in order to understand and satisfy their explicit and implicit expectations, and identify new business areas and undertake permanent technological updating;
- To focus the whole organisation on the market, predicting and acting proactively on consumer and client trends, competitor actions and the social, technological and legal framework;
- To ensure clients of our respect for the commitments we make, favouring stable and mutually beneficial relations that enhance the supply of innovative products;
- To systematically apply HACCP methodology and good manufacturing practices and comply with legal and regulatory requirements in quality, safety, hygiene and health as a means of ensuring the best conditions for providing its services;
- To assure the effectiveness and updating of the implemented Food Defence Plan, which aims to prevent the occurrence of intentional acts, contamination or adulteration in order to protect the consumer, brands, equipment, facilities and people, complying with the legal, regulatory and client requirements – only applicable to the Pombal, Almeirim centres (Portugal) and Boane (Mozambique);
- To define and revise objectives, initiatives and goals systematically to improve quality and food safety performance as part of periodic planning cycles in the aim of balancing short and medium/long-term risks and benefits. To implement and maintain reliable performance indicators that allow for objectives to be followed, reporting internally and publicly on the change in a panel of indicators annually;
- To encompass all relevant activities and resources in the integrated process system, focusing them on obtaining the identified outputs, managing them so that they consider all current perspectives (interested parties) and designing them to promote the organisation’s flexibility and speed;
- To ensure that the continuous improvement in the satisfaction of interested parties and process efficiency is a permanent aim of everyone, allowing employees to improve their performance.
- To adopt occupational health and safety as a key element of the organisation and notify this to all employees;
- To comply with current legislation and other requirements applicable to its activities within the scope of occupational health and safety;
- To disseminate this policy and actively encourage employees, clients, suppliers and partners to accept their responsibilities within the scope of occupational health and safety;
- To incentivise the involvement and participation of everyone in the continuous improvement of occupational health and safety via openness, awareness, training, information and consultation measures in specific areas;
- To systematically identify, assess, eliminate and/or reduce the potential risks associated with its activities as far as possible, promoting necessary updates to methods, equipment and/or organisation;
- To promote occupational health and safety in order to reflect the values of humanism and respect for people, in the aim of reaching zero accidents per year;
- To set annual targets, monitoring the results and defining action plans for continuous improvement;
- To foster a culture of safety at all levels of the organisation.